Guided & Children’s Tours
At Glendale Gardens, you may come anytime during opening hours and tour the gardens on your own,
or you can make arrangements to take a guided tour.
- Tours of the gardens can be tailored to special interests including sustainable gardening practices.
- Tours of the gardens approximately one hour are available all year round upon arrangement.
- Please be advised that parts of the garden are not accessible by wheelchair, and that some pathways may be too steep for those with physical challenges. It is suggested that appropriate footwear be worn.
- A golf cart is available to make the garden more accessible.
Please call and book ahead.
- Tours of the gardens are available in English only. Groups will have to provide their own translators.
- Arrangements must be made in our parking lot for large buses so please let us know in advance.
- Admission is $10.00 for adults, $7.50 for seniors and students with I.D. Children under 16 are not charged.
- Groups of 30 or more are eligible for a discounted rate of $7.50 per person.
- Guides are available for $25.00 per group of 8-10 visitors. Larger groups will be divided so that any one guide will not have too large a number as this makes communicating difficult. Arrangements must be made in advance.
- Payment in full is required at the commencement of the tour.
- Arrangements for refreshments must be made in advance.
- Prices are in effect until December 2009.
All guided tours are by appointment only.
For more information and to make arrangements, call (250) 479-6162,
or fax Tour Booking Form to (250) 479-6047, or email email@example.com
Educational Field Trip Opportunities for Children & Students
Bring your class on a field trip to the Glendale Gardens and Woodland
The Children’s Garden has been designed to stimulate young imaginations with Fairies and Fauna. This hands on garden connects literature with environmental learning and it’s fun.
Discover new plants, growing methods and the wonders of wildlife. Children can develop a lifelong love of nature; learn where their food comes from and what it looks like outside the supermarket; how to respect and nurture the world around them.
The Gardens include native and drought tolerant plants, vegetables, herbs, perennials, annuals and flowering trees and shrubs.
There are great opportunities for Learning!
- Organic methods
- Land iIdentification
- Sustainable gardening
- Seasonal changes
- Life cycles
- Beneficial bugs
Field trips to Glendale Gardens can be planned to contain appropriate curriculum for different age groups and interests. Booking a field trip is easy
Tour Cost $50.00